Careers At Begin
Begin is looking to make machine learning and personalization accessible to every application and we need your help! We’re developing an infrastructure that can help everyone, from startup developers and data scientists to enterprise-level companies, add personalization and machine intelligence to their workflow in hours instead of months.
- VC firms know that machine learning and personalization are the future of tech. We’ve already received investment and are seeing interest from other top VCs in the world.
- We’ve received interest from companies of all sizes.
- Welcome to the ground floor. We’re currently a team of 9 and looking to expand rapidly. You’ll be laying the framework for Begin’s growth and have the opportunity to see your efforts flourish in real-time.
- Our horizons are limitless. We have many areas to grow and we’re excited when our team grows with us. We provide the opportunities, you show us the possibilities.
- We’re just breaking out. With our latest traunch of funding, we’re ready to take the machine learning world by storm. When you join our team, you’re helping shape the future of machine learning and personalization.
- We’re solving real problems. We’re uncovering ways to bring machine learning to every app while still keeping user privacy intact. If you can see an interesting puzzle in data science and user privacy, you’re in great company at Begin.
- We’re worldwide. Begin is a fully remote company, with team members all over the world, from Turkey to India to Canada. No matter where you are, we’re happy to have you!
- We’re serious about diversity, equity, and inclusion. We’re removing bias from machine learning. To do that, we need to acknowledge bias in ourselves. No matter your age, gender, faith, sexual orientation, race, veteran status, or class, we’ll take measures to ensure you’re able to bring your whole self to work.
- We help you grow as we do. We wear many hats at Begin and we’ll let you try on the ones you’re interested in as we need them. Are you a technical writer who wants to try product ownership? A data scientist who wanted to level up their dev game? We’ve got the position for you!
- We care about your physical and mental health. We know our Beginners need to be hale, hearty, and healthy and help achieve our goals. We respect your work schedule, your time zone, and your time off.
- We love a challenge. We don’t look at obstacles as roadblocks, but challenges. We love finding elegant solutions to difficult problems and live for that “eureka!” moment.
- We work together. We have some of the brightest minds in the field at Begin, including brilliant data scientists, master developers, and other lines of incredible talent. Each of us brings our experience to make something amazing, be it a marketing page or a new learning model.
- We focus on focus time. We’re a low-meeting culture, with an average of less than one hour of meeting time per week. We want you to have enough time to truly in and get engrossed in your work without worrying about interruptions
- Value-driven. We are building personalization systems because we want to change the status quo of human-systems experience, to build empathetic systems that can genuinely augment the experience of our customers’ customers in the global ecosystem of products and services.
- Flexible experts. Do you follow the machine learning world? Do you get excited about learning making a splash in the field of decentralized learning? Are you able to look beyond what’s already been done? If “yes”, then we have an opportunity for you to be part of the story.
- Someone who can de-mystify ML. Machine learning is a highly technical and complicated field. We’re looking for team members who can help bridge the knowledge gap between the complex data analysis and our end-users.
- Someone fearlessly kind. Radio silence is the remote culture-killer. We look for people who are happy to strike a conversation over Slack to see how a coworker is doing, even if they’re not in the same department, seniority level, or project.
- Someone who sees opportunity in change. We’re a brand new startup, which means change is part of our daily life at Begin. We love to see someone who can not only survive in an ever-changing environment, but thrives in it. Embrace the chaos!